In the Library
- Quick Hint: Look in these call numbers in Non-fiction and Reference (for books and videos) and in Non-Fiction DVDs.
- 338 Entrepreneurs
- 338.6 Small Business
- 658 Management
Buying a business and making it work : a step-by-step guide to purchasing a business and making it successful: 658.162 Blayney
Deduct it! : lower your small business taxes: 343.73052 Fishman
The entrepreneur’s information source book: 658.022 Awe
How to write a business plan: Reference 658.15224 McKeever
Legal forms for starting & running a small business: Reference 346.43065 Steingold
The small business start-up kit for California by Peri H. Pakroo: Reference 346.7940652 Pakroo
McCormack’s Guide to Alameda County: Reference 917.9465 McCormack
Small time operator : how to start your own business, keep your books, pay your taxes and stay out of trouble! by Bernard B. Kamoroff: Reference 658.022 Kamaroff
E-Books: The library offers books to read on your computer. You need to have a valid library card to access them. You can access some of them through the catalog.
Or, for a more complete selection of E-Books, go to http://www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us/services/library/, click on Information resources, then click on Safari Tech Books, OR Downloadable Books, OR Netlibrary. Examples:
- How To Write A Business Plan
- Legal Forms For Starting & Running A Small Business
- Tax Savvy For Small Business
Magazines and Newspapers
For other business magazines and newspapers, look in catalog under Subject Heading Business Periodicals.
Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce
Pleasanton Downtown Association
- Business Owner’s Toolkit: Webinars, articles, networking, downloadable forms
- Business Permits Made Simple: CALGOLD: From the State of California
- Business Start-ups in Alameda County – From the Alameda County Library
- California Small Business Assistance Center: Resources on starting, running, and closing a small business; tax information
- Doing Business in Alameda County: From Alameda County
- Doing Business in California: Tax information from the State of California
- Doing Business in Pleasanton: From the City of Pleasanton
- East Bay Small Business Development Center: Training and consulting
- National Association for the Self-Employed: Advice, benefit package, advocacy, networking
- Nolo Press: The publisher of self-help law books’ web site. Business and human resources.
- Northern California Small Business Financial Development Corporation: Provides financial resources for economically disadvantaged businesses.
- Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce
- Procedures for Starting a Business: from the Alameda County Library
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center: Classes and workshops for small business owners and wannabes
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE): Workshops, counseling, and mentoring for entrepreneurs
- Women’s Initiative for Self-Employment: Training for women on starting and growing a business. Offices in Concord and Oakland.
- Yahoo Small Business: includes Getting Started, Online Business, Sales & Marketing, Business Tools